We believe every military-connected spouse should have access to meaningful spouse employment.

A&FRC supports service members, recovering service members (RSMs), military spouses and dependents, retired members, and Department of Defense (DoD) civilians with achieving short and long-term employment, education/training, and career goals.

How can you make your military spouse career more portable? By making sure you have the skills, training, licenses, degrees, and certifications that employers want in high-growth, high-demand fields and occupations.

The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides eligible military spouses with up to $4,000 in financial assistance for licenses, certifications, national tests, or associate degrees to pursue an occupation or career field.

The Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program provides education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide and offers comprehensive resources and tools for all stages of your career progression.

USAJOBS connects job seekers with federal employment opportunities across the United States and around the world. As the Federal Government’s official employment site, USAJOBS helps the right people find the right jobs.

Military spouses may be eligible to apply using a non-competitive process designed to help them get a job in the federal government.

NAF employment is considered federal employment. It is, however, different from federal civil service employment because the monies used to pay the salaries of NAF employees come from a different source. Civil service positions are paid for by money appropriated by Congress. NAF money, on the other hand, is self-generated by Air Force clubs, bowling centers, golf courses, and other activities that use NAF employees.

Are you moving to another state? What does that mean for your occupational license? Will your license transfer to your new state? Generally speaking, licenses are state-specific and each state has their own licensing requirements. Laws vary by state and before you can establish yourself in a new state, you should understand the laws of the state in order to get your license there.

If your career requires a professional license or certification, your service branch can help reimburse costs that come up when you PCS. The military services continue to support military spouse employment by offering up to $1,000 in licensure and certification costs resulting from relocations or military moves within the United States or OCONUS to stateside.

US Air Force Military Spouse Attorney Hiring Program helps attorney-spouses obtain and maintain employment and licensure! Check out this awesome opportunity for military spouses interested in civilian attorney positions within respective Judge Advocate (JA) offices on Department of the Air Force installations.

Questions? Contact or 703-614-3021 

Key Issues for Spouse Employment include Military Spouse Licensure Portability, Military Spouse Occupational Licensure Access, and Licensing Compacts.